Applying for US Tourist Visa = Waste of Time and Money!
I got up early today to prepare for my 8am interview at the US Embassy. Having all the documents in tow, Pa picked me up from torre to drop me off there. I went through the gates, did the finger printing and all. Up to the point where I waited for my number to be called. My number came up, I was feeling optimistic about it, then I saw the consul. An american woman. She didn't seem accomodating, doing only her work. Sort of like a machine. She had asked me what I it was I teach, but before I could answer she mentioned that I had a pending immigrant visa. She then asked if I knew the status of it. I said I didn't know. She asked who had petitioned me and the asked if Ma was in the states. I told them no and that she was living here. She then asked if Pa had a visa as well. I mentioned a tourist visa. Then she proceeded to ask about who my contact in the US is and about my brothers and sister. Where they were and how come I am the only one left here in the Philippines. So I tell her why. After telling all that she tells me "I'm sorry but I cannot issue you a visa at this time.". I ask why. She then explains "Your ties in the US are too strong.". That was it. The interview ended there as the next person in line stood behind me. I exited the embassy in shock and frustration. To think we paid the equivalent of $100. Set the appointment thru phone which cost us by the minute. Only to be judged unfairly. She didn't even ask as to why I was applying or what my purpose was. I so hate that place! The women there are not accomodating, they assume and the judge you so unfairly. If in case you are applying for a US visa, if the person interviewing you is an american woman, its best to just leave.




<< Home