Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I Finally Have It! Voltes V Is Mine!

I finally picked up my Soul of Chogokin GX-31 Voltes V! I must say that it is the most coolest toy that I have ever gotten! Memories of watching the series suddenly came into my head! Ah! Nostalgia! The detail of this toy is pretty accurate to its anime counterpart! Just gorgeous! Although its a fine piece of work, I still have my complaints. Bandai seemed to go a bit cheap with the accessories. Voltes is supposed to have 2 chain knuckles and 2 sets of finger missiles. This toy only has 1 of each. I'm guessing that Bandai expects people to buy 2 boxes so they can have a Voltes volted in with complete weapons and to also see them in Volt Machine mode. Also, the hands that are built into the bomber are actually smaller than the ones that are attachable. Another cool gimick is how they were able to put in the Voltes Bazooka into his right hand. Fold it down and out it pops!

Accessories:
- 2 pcs. Ultra-Electro Magnetic Tops
- 2 pcs. Ultra-Electro Magnetic Whips (His Belt)
- 4 pcs. Landing gears for the Bomber
- 2 pcs. Cruiser Cutters (For the Volt Cruiser's wings)
- Lazer Sword (Whole)
- Lazer Sword (Foldable)
- 1 pc. Chain Knuckle
- 1 pc. Finger Missiles
- Mechanical Eagle
- Upgraded Ultra-Electro Magnetic Generator
- 6 pcs. Attachable Hands
- Display base for holding all the accessories

Moving on, volting the machines together is just fun! But volting them out can be scary! The 2 most scariest pieces to volt out are the Lander and the Bomber. You will need to apply a little force to separate them. In terms of articulation, the built-in hands have moveable fingers sort of like some of the old 1/100 Gundam kits. The legs can bend and the hips can twist. The feet seem to be ball jointed as it can be posed as well. The arms can bend and twist at the elbows. The head is the least articulate piece and can only turn so little. It's probably better if you don't twist his head at all. Galing talaga ng toy na to! I just love it! :P


My bank account and wallet can now rest easy and grow once again!