Sunday, February 08, 2009

Logic Does Not Compute!

Sometimes the simplest task seem too complicated for some people. I have observed a lot this throughout my life. But for now, I can only recall this one.

Case #1: The Elevator

Person A is on the 15th floor of a building. That same person gets to the elevator controls and presses both the UP and DOWN buttons. Why?

This is probably the logic in that person's head:
"The elevator is on a floor lower than mine so I have to call it by pressing up. From there, since I pressed the down button, its supposed to know that I'm going down."

I live in a condo and often times when going up, the elevator would stop on a certain floor. When the doors open there would be someone in the corridor waiting. They just look but won't board the elevator and you could see that the down button is lit. Sometimes they would even ask "down?". Hay labo! Such an inconvenience. If you want to go down, just press the down button! You do not have to press the up button to call the elevator! Sheesh!

From here on, whatever I observe similar to this, I will post here. Have any of you experienced something similar? Hehehe! =P