Tuesday, March 18, 2008

An Interesting Afternoon in CSB

This day started out normally. Went into class at 11:20am conducted class as usual. At 1pm my 2nd and last class of the day began. I had given them something to study which they would need for their project. At around 2pm, we hear a boom. At first it sounded like something metal or maybe a drum had fallen from some height. We ignored it and continued working. 2nd time the boom occured, we got a bit concerned but still continued working. 3rd time it happened, the power had gotten cut off. At this point we all decided to exit the room and head out. As soon as I step out of the lab, I asked the first D.O. I came accross what had happened and what that sound was. Apparently, it was some sort of explosion somewhere along the ramp area. That would probably explain why we felt the sound too. CL8 is just behind the ramp area. So I see everyone evacuating CSB. As I step out, the street was filled with students, teachers and school staff. I saw a firetruck just outside the other entrance of the school. It was then I realized that it was just a fire drill. Some students panicked, some were screaming, others just exited the school like their lives depended on it. It's amazing how an unannounced fire drill brings out the real you in times of a crisis. Hahaha! I'm sorry but I just really find it funny. But somehow I don't think that some parents may feel the same way. Some students may have some sort of heart condition and this event may just have given him/her a heart attack. Maybe even some faculty or staff. The school better be prepared to answer to this as none of us, teachers and staff, had received a memo about a fire drill happening today. Hehehe!