Monday, January 28, 2008

New Video Card for My PC!

Today I went out and bought myself a new video card. No, this isn't impulse buying but rather out of necessity. For the past month, my old PCI-E vidcard (Inno3D GeForce 7300GT 256 DDR2 128-bit) was acting up. The red would always disappear. This would give my screen a blue tint. At first I didn't mind since I could still do work and play RO even if there was no red. But just a few weeks ago, the thing caused windows to crash and reboot. The dreaded NV4_DISP.DLL error which leads to memory dumps. Of course I didn't jump to conclusions. Maybe its just a wrong driver file or something. I've tried the newest drivers and still the error occurs. This was a sign that it was time to buy a new one. So today I bought 1. My new vidcard is an Inno3D Geforce 8500 GT 512 DDR2 128-bit iChill XStriker3. Pretty cool too! Hehe! =P