Tuesday, December 07, 2004

The Transformer Toy To Own!

Were you ever a fan of the cartoon series "The Transformers"? The battle between the autobots and the decepticons, robots transforming into cars, guns, radios, etc. I was such a fan when I was a kid that I wanted to have the toys! I did own some of course. Sideswipe, Soundwave, Starscream, just to name a few. I was a fan of the autobot commander, Optimus Prime, but was never able to get the toy!

Many years later, they decide to reproduce new toys. Then came the Convoy Master Piece!

Optimus Prime is called Convoy in Japan

It's amazing that they were able to make a toy that would look so much like its cartoon counterpart and yet is able to transform. Sure the transformation sequence may not be like that of the cartoon but it's still pretty darn well made! Articulation on this toy is amazing!

Amazing articulation making it fully poseable!

The toy is composed of metal and plastic parts. So expect it to be a little heavy. He comes with a Matrix of Leadership, his trademark Rifle, Energy Axe and also a Megatron in rifle mode. There's even a communicator on his wrist!

He comes fully equipped!

The only thing missing is the trailer. I guess they focused so much on building him that they didn't have time to include the trailer. But if you like, they did include a cardboard version of the trailer in the box. Who knows? They may even make a separate trailer which they may sell sometime in the future! Can you say, "money making scheme"? Hehehe!

Now if you're a big Optimus Prime fan, then you shouldn't miss getting this toy. By the way, avoid buying the HASBRO version. The HASBRO version was made in the US. What's the difference? You may ask? Let's see, the smoke stacks on it is not well built. It looks like it was cut off so hyper kids won't end up losing an eye. Also, the HASBRO version has a flat paint job compared to the paint job done on the TAKARA version.

So if you plan on buying this toy, look for the TAKARA verison. I promise you it's worth it! ;)